A teacher with a broad range of experiences, Aurora taught in many subjects and situations from Creative Writing in Surrey’s inner city to Fine Art in a one-room schoolhouse in rural Saskatoon. She loved the variety and the vitality of her students.
Aurora is also a civil mediator keen on helping parties to form their own solutions out of court, solutions that will account for their interests and help them progress smoothly in future.
“I turned to the law because although I loved teaching, I realized that what I really wanted was to connect with people in need of help and to advocate on their behalf,” Aurora says. “Today, I prefer to practice in family and estate law, helping people plan for their futures and navigate the court system.”
Aurora grew up in Vancouver where she enjoyed hiking in the rainforest, swimming in the Pacific Ocean, and soaking up the city’s rich culture. She has been a Kelowna resident since 2006.
- University of Saskatchewan, Bachelor of Laws, 2006
- University of British Columbia, Bachelor of Education 2002
- University of British Columbia, Bachelor of Arts (English and Fine Arts) 1999
Hobbies and interests
Writing, art, hiking, travel, camping, skiing, gardening, informal education, Latin and ballroom dancing, the environment, and professional development.
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Mediate BC (Civil Roster Member & Associate Family Roster Member)